I’m moving to Denver.
Thanks to the push from my company’s sudden closure, I’ve decided to head west and continue my journey in the Mile High city.
A lot of my friends and family haven’t been to Colorado recently or at all, so they always ask, “Why Denver?”. Well, allow me to enlighten you:
1. Denver has over 300 days of sun. Need I say more?
2. Denver is like a mini version of Chicago. It has the tall buildings and pretty lights but on a smaller scale. You can walk anywhere within 15 minutes, and the city is super bike friendly. I’m not giving up the city life completely, just scaling back a tad.
3. Denver borders the Rocky Mountains. I will literally watch the sun set over the mountains from my apartment every evening. The mountains provide endless terrain for hiking, biking, skiing, canoeing, kayaking, camping, bird watching, star gazing, etc. etc., and it’s only a short drive away. I’ve missed Mother Nature over the last five years, so I’m excited to be close to her again.
4. Denver is BOOMing. Shops, restaurants, breweries, start-ups, major corporations, the marijuana industry, theater, music (hello Red Rocks!) – you name it and it’s happening in Denver.
5. I want to live my life without regrets. I want to pack up and move to a new city/state/country because I want to experience the world and the many offerings it has before it’s too late. As of right now I’m not responsible for anyone but myself. It won’t always be that way, so I have to take advantage of it while I can, and I encourage those in similar situations to do the same.
So yeah. I’m moving to Denver in April, and it’s going to be awesome.
Stay tuned for adventures!